Kelsey's Pick: Slime Rancher You’re a thousand light years away from Earth and you’ve decided…
Steam wishlists have become a key metric for developers and have quickly become an essential way for developers to quantify a game’s potential on Steam. Here, we explore why Steam wishlists are important, and the strategies you can use to increase your numbers. This Gamesindustry.biz article explores how wishlists give players alerts about your game, provide valuable data about your player base, help you estimate your launch sales, and determine how often your title is seen on Steam. From the article, tips and tricks for improving your wishlist numbers include the following:
- Nail your announcement—make sure your Steam page is ready from the moment you announce your game.
- Aim for long-term visibility—pace your announcements to create ongoing engagement to keep the wishlists coming in regularly.
- Utilize calls to action—every announcement should be linking to your wishlist page and encouraging your followers to act.
- Understanding your traffic—analyzing your audience is key to creating wishlist conversions.
- Concentrate your efforts close to the release date—find a balance between opening your steam page early enough to drum up excitement but not so early that the enthusiasm fizzles out before release.
For a more in-depth discussion of each of these topics check out this article here.
Check out our weekly Digest to get a summary of all the latest news in gaming, as well as tips, tricks, and an informative peek inside the industry for devs and game enthusiasts alike!